Well, the weekend didn’t go quite as planned. I didn’t get out to see Mr. Moody, but I did spend all Sunday working on the car. All of the old bracket racing aides and wiring has been torn out of the car, and I removed one of the wheel tubs so that Dan has room to weld in the bars to complete the funny car cage. Dan welded up the pro-jack mounts and got the car up on the Pro-Jacks. He also took the plasma cutter to the inner transmission mounts and bars, making room for the required floor x brace to comply with 25.2 standards. Part of the steel floor pan will need to be replaced, and I’ve decided I want to take all the tin work and get it powder coated for a cleaner, more durable look.
My midplate will be here on Tuesday, so that will allow the drivetrain to be aligned and the transmission mounts fabricated. Then the rest of the cage and the double framerails will be added to stiffen the chassis, and the seats mounted and adjusted for yours truly.
Be Safe, Go Fast!