It’s FAST WOMEN FRIDAY #2!
Thanks for a great first week for #FastWomenFriday! We had a great turnout for the inaugural link-up party! A few highlights if you missed it:
- Rachel from SpeedQueens sent over a great tribute on French rally racer Marie Laurent. Marie pioneered the rally racing circuits in 1970’s, and Rachel’s post about Laurent highlights her career in the sport, her departure from racing in the early 1980’s for family, all the way to her death in 2015 at the age of 71. The piece is a beautiful tribute to ensuring Marie’s legacy is never forgotten.
- Megan Meyer shared with us her Drag Illustrated blog that talks about her shift into licensing for Top Alcohol Dragster, her successful class-debut this summer, and her 2016 racing plans- including the launch of an “augmented reality” marketing program with her team that she developed to make it even easier to interact with fans at the racetrack.
- Road racing/drag racing crossover racer, Shea Holbrook represented Women in Motorsports at the Annual Women’s Sports Foundation Salute in NYC this week. She joined 7x Indy 500 driver and mentor, Lyn St. James, to represent motorsports in the salute. Holbrook is a past recipient of the “Women’s Sports Foundation’s Women in the Winners Circle Project Podium Grant,” designed to help young racers overcome the business challenges unique to motorsports.
- Courtney Lambert from Wide Open Radio and Gina Woods from Open Road Radio both stopped by to share their pages. Both ladies are longtime popular radio personalities on two of the largest motorcycle enthusiast radio programs on the air for the biker community.
There were plenty more great posts from McKenna Haase, Elaine Larsen, Girls N Garages, and Michelle Abbate you don’t want to miss, so be sure to check them out.
Fast Women Friday Linky Party #2
Horsepower & Heels is passionate about celebrating, supporting and promoting Women in Motorsports and Automotive. This Fast Women Friday Link Party is hosted to feature more amazing content and resources that help and highlight female racers, women working in motorsports, and any of the ladies in the automotive/gearhead spaces.
Got something interesting to share? This is a great way to mingle and discover others around the net who are just as passionate about Women in Motorsports! Join up below!
How this works
- The party will be open through next Wednesday evening to share your posts and other content related to or helpful for Women in Motorsports.
- Each week, we’ll feature the most popular finds from the party scene + share them to our social circles. Sharing is caring, it’s how we all grow!
- To enter your posts, just click the You’re Next link below (under the party posts). They will automatically update onto the party space. You can share your race news posts, your personal pages, or anything that relates to women racing, but please NO SPAMMING.
- Be sure to visit other party goers blogs and comment – mingle with the party attendees! Fast Women Friday is about connecting and interacting with others!
- I’d love for you to give a little share love to this party post and invite your friends! Feel free to use the graphic above and link back to this post.
- HAVE FUN!
Fast Women Friday Link Up Party Posts
[…] Last week was a slow week, but we heard from a few new women for Fast Women Friday #2. […]